High Schoolers Making News

More great student news!

• Maya Peart-Hill, Class of 2012, has been “selected to participate in “Expanding the Walls Program,” a unique [seven month] program for teens that uses photography as a medium to explore community, identity and history, at the Studio Museum of Harlem.   It was quite a rigorous selection process that required her to undergo two interviews [and secure three recommendations!]“.
  • Both Robert Kiley, ‘10, and Kai Furbeck, ‘10 have been honored by Young Arts 2010 as Merit Award winners in Photography as well as New York Regional Award winners in photography.
  • From the National Merit Scholarship Corporation:  ”This year about 34,000 commended students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise.  Commended Students are placed among the top five percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2010 competition by taking the 2008 PSAT/NMSQT.”  Congratulations to Kai Furbeck ‘10 and Ben Neuhaus ‘10 who have been named “commended students” in the 2010 National Merit Scholarship Program.
  • From the National Achievement Scholarship Program:  I am pleased to announce that one of our seniors has been named “among some 3,100 Outstanding Participants in the National Achievement Scholarship Program being referred to U.S. colleges and universities.  This student scored in the top 3 percent of more than 160,000 Black Americans who requested consideration in the 2010 National Acheivement Program when they took the 2008 PSAT/NMSQT.”  Congratulations to Devon Brown, ‘10.